Sarfaraz Ahmed Net worth: He is a renowned Pakistani cricketer and the former captain of Pakistan’s cricket team and has played in all three cricket formats. He is currently leading Quetta Gladiators in the Pakistan Super League PSL.
Sarfaraz is famous as a wicketkeeper-batsman who led Pakistan to win the 2017 ICC Champion Trophy. Moreover, Pakistan also won the 2006 under-19 cricket World Cup because of Sarfaraz Ahmed.
In this article, we will cover all about Sarfaraz Ahmed including Sarfaraz Ahmed net worth in rupees in 2023, his age, height, family, career, achievements, hence everything about his life.
Sarfaraz Ahmed Date of Birth
Saifi was born on 22 May 1987, in Karachi, Pakistan. Sarfaraz Ahmed is 36 years old as of 2023. His nicknames are Saifi and Kaptaan.
Sarfaraz Ahmed family
Sarfaraz Ahmed father Shakeel Ahmed Siddique had a printing press business and died in 2006. His family was from Uttar Pradesh, India. His mother’s name is Akeela Banu. Sarfaraz has one brother Shafeeq Ahmed who is a part of the navy.
Sarfaraz Ahmed got married in 2015 to Syeda Khushbakht. The couple was blessed with a son in February 2017 named Abdullah Sarfaraz Ahmed.
Sarfaraz Ahmed’s Early Life and Education
Sarfaraz Ahmed had a lot of interest in cricket since his childhood. His father Shakeel Ahmed wanted him to study and become a corporate officer. He chose cricket as his professional career when he was 15 but he still continued his studies.
Sarfaraz has completed his Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics from Dawood University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi. Moreover, Sarfaraz is a Hafiz-e-Quran and also leads Taraweeh during the month of Ramadan.
Sarfaraz Ahmed Height & Weight
Sarfaraz Ahmed has an approximate height of:
- In feet and inches- 5’7’’
- In centimeters- 170cm
- In meters- 1.70m
He has an approximate weight of:
- In kilograms- 71kg
- In pounds- 157 lbs
Sarfaraz Ahmed Career
Sarfaraz Ahmed professional cricket career started when Pakistan won the 2006 under-19 World Cup against India in a low-scoring match. Saifi had an outstanding performance during that match therefore, he got the attention of decision-makers.
- Sarfaraz Ahmed made his ODI debut when he was called to replace Kamran Akmal who got a finger injury in an ODI match against India on 18 November 2007.
- Sarfaraz Ahmed handled the ODI captaincy after the resignation of captain Azhar Ali on 9 February 2017..
- Sarfaraz Ahmed played 117 One Day International matches in his career and scored 2315 runs with a batting average of 33.35. His ODI shirt number was 54 and he played his last ODI on 7 April 2021 against South Africa.
- He made his Test debut on 14 January 2010 against Australia. Sarfaraz became the 32nd Captain of Pakistan’s Test matches on 28 September 2017.
- He played a total of 51 test matches and scored 2992 runs with a batting average of 38.85. He made his last Test match on 16 July 2023 against Sri Lanka.
- Sarfaraz made his T20 International debut on 19 February 2010 against England. He became the T20I captain on 5 April 2016 when Shahid Afridi resigned from the team. Under his captaincy, Pakistan got the number 1 ranking for T20 ICC internationals in 2018. Moreover, he led his team to win 11 consecutive T20 matches.
- Sarfaraz played a total of 61 T20Is and scored 818 runs with a batting average of 27.26. He played his last T20I on 22 November 2021 against Bangladesh.
Sarfaraz Ahmed Achievements
- Sarfaraz Ahmed won the PCB Outstanding Player of the Year award in 2017.
- He got Sitara-e-Imtiaz award on 23rd March 2018
- Sarfaraz has a record of being the 1st cricketer who had the most catches in an innings in One Day Internationals.
Sarfaraz Ahmed PSL History
Saifi Bhai played in Pakistan Super :league (PSL). He was selected by Quetta Gladiators in the PSL 2016 draft which was held on 21 December 2015. Sarfaraz was selected as the captain for the team.
In the first ever season of PSL, Quetta gladiators performed excellently under sarfaraz’s captaincy. The team only lost 2 matches and qualified for the PSL 1 final. But they lost the final, which was played against Islamabad United
In the second season of PSL which was played in 2017, Quetta Gladiator qualified for the final for the second time in a row. The team’s PSL performance was very good under the captaincy of Sarfaraz Ahmed, but they again lost in the final.
In the fourth Season of PSL, Sarfaraz again took charge of captaincy and lead the team to win the cup. Quetta won the PSL 4 under his captaincy, defeating Peshawar Zalmi in the finals.
His performance and captaincy in the PSL is excellent, that is the reason he is still the captain of Quetta Gladiators.
Sarfaraz Ahmed Best Captaincy
He was the captain of Pakistan team in champions trophy 2017. Under his captaincy Pakistan cricket team qualified for the champion trophy and won the final against India by a huge margin.
His captaincy in the champions trophy is still his best performance and captaincy. He Is in the few Pakistani captains who won an international cup for the team.
Sarfaraz Ahmed net worth
Sarfaraz Ahmed, the Pakistani cricketer with an incredible record has a net worth of $11M. His income includes cricket salary, Pakistan Super League, cash prizes, and brand endorsements.
The fee distribution of Sarfaraz Ahmed is listed below:
- Sarfaraz Ahmed gets a retainer fee of 5,62,500 PKR
- His ODI fee is 17,500 PKR
- Sarfaraz’s fee for test matches is 37,500 PKR
- He gets 10,000PKR for a T20 match.
Sarfaraz is the captain of Quetta Gladiators in PSL and his salary is 2,30,44,000 PKR.
Sarfaraz Ahmed endorses many brands and earns a good amount from them. Several of the brands that Sarfaraz has endorsed include:
- Danube Group
- Nelson Mandela Talent Hunt Program
- Shan Foods
Sarfaraz Ahmed in Tv Shows
Sarfaraz Ahmed was seen in many Pakistani team shows, he appeared in Jeeto Pakistan many times. He also appeared in The fourth Umpire show by Fahad Mustafa which is the show of ARY Digital. Sarfaraz got per episode payment from these shows, which increased his net worth.
Sarfaraz Ahmed House
He bought a new house for his family in North Nazimabad which is the prime location of Karachi.
Sarfaraz Ahmed Cars collection
Pakistan former captain Sarfaraz Ahmed owns a BMW X1 sDrive18i. In 2017 when Pakistan team won the champions trophy Dewan Motors and JS Bank gifted this car to Sarfaraz as appreciation for his performance in the tournament.
Sarfaraz Ahmed is no doubt the best player in the Pakistan team. He is currently out of the form and not included in the Pakistan squad. He is performing well in domestic and league cricket, we hope to see him back in the Pakistan team squad very soon.